COST: $600 PER SYRINGE*
BENEFITS: NON-PERMANENT + NON-SURGICAL
Anti-Aging Injectables & Fillers
As we age, our cells begin to renew themselves more slowly resulting in less collagen and hyaluronic acid (a natural sugar found in the body) to support and fill out the layers of the skin. Injectable fillers can be an effective manner in which to reduce the signs of aging and restore your youthful appearance with little to no downtime. A physician consult with Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Muba Taher is required to discuss your options and determine if you are a prime candidate for this procedure.
- Non-permanent treatment which can be broken down by your body naturally over time.
- Non-surgical treatment with No to low down-time post treatment.
- Results can last up to 6 months, with some patients’ results lasting considerably longer. *Results vary by individual.
Injectables We Carry With Pride
The Restylane family of products are used by Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Muba Taher as located in Windermere, Edmonton, to smooth away wrinkles and define facial contours providing immediate results. Restylane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid (found naturally in the body) that is formulated to act like your natural hyaluronic acid. Restylane can be used to visibly reduce moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and folds for a more youthful appearance. Select Restylane can also be used for lip augmentation to subtlety enhance lips creating a natural look and feel.
The Teosyal family of products are used by Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Muba Taher as located in Windermere, Edmonton, to smooth away wrinkles and define facial contours providing beautiful results. Teosyal is a hyaluronic acid based designed to help support the skin in every movement, and to preserve the brightness and softness of your face. This product is suitable for the most mobile areas of your face: perioral area, cheeks, nasolabial folds, and lips.
CONSULTATIONAfter reviewing your medical history and any contraindications for filler treatment, Dr. Taher and his Nurses will devise a treatment plan based on your desired cosmetic outcome. If you are happy with the desired treatment plan and customized price for your treatment, Dr. Taher’s Nurses will prepare you for your treatment.
*Amount of syringes needed to achieve your desired treatment result will vary by patient. Exact prices will be quoted at your consultation with our Medical Advisor, Dermatologist, Dr. Muba Taher.
TREATMENT CONSIDERATIONS (click to open)
- Individuals with severe allergies with a history of anaphylaxis, multiple severe allergies, allergies to hyaluronic acid or other filler products, or allergies to lidocaine or other anesthetics.
- A history of autoimmune disease, recurrent sore throats, rheumatic fever, epilepsy, or porphyria
- If you are currently taking medications to prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or anti-coagulants as with any injection, these factors may prolong bleeding. Please inform Dermatologist, Dr. Muba Taher of any medications you are taking with the intake form provided by the clinic.
- Recent skin surface treatments such as laser treatment, skin peels, or dermabrasion or have used fillers previously.
- If you have skin infections or inflammation such as acne or cold sores.
- If you are prone to scaring
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or are under the age of 18 years (under the age of 21 if treating lips).
These reactions may occur immediately post treatment or may be delayed. If reactions persist for more than a week, please consult with call out offices to schedule a consultation to discuss your concerns
- Comfort: Our Patient comfort and safety is always our primary concern. In some cases, Dr. Taher will ask your nurse to use a local to anesthetize the treatment area thus improving your comfort.
- Treatment Time: Cosmetic fillers can take between 15-30 minutes for the actual injections, depending on how many areas are treated and desired outcome. (Additional time may be required, depending on the amount and areas treated)
- Outcome: Dr. Taher will inject a fine needle into the skin and disperse the filler in small amounts which will plump up the skin resulting in a decreased appearance of wrinkles, improved facial volume and contouring. *results vary by person.
Possible Side Effects:
- Itching sensation in the treatment area
- Bruising in some cases
*Typically, any of these symptoms will only last a week.
*Do not expose the area to extreme heat of cold for up to 48 hours post treatment.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS (click to open)
- Do not use if known allergy or hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid fillers, lidocaine or amide local anaesthetics.
- Do not use if you have porphyria, bleeding disorder and/or active skin disease such as inflammation, infection or tumors, in or near the intended injection site or if you are taking thrombolytics or anticoagulants.
- There are several precautions that are important to discuss with your healthcare practitioner prior to treatment. Inform your healthcare practitioner if you have any of the following:
- If you have pre-existing pigmented dark lower eye lid circles, thin skin and pre-existing tendency toward edema formation as you treatment as treatment of the lower periorbital region may not be suitable
- If you are taking immunosuppressants as treatment may not be suitable
- If you have a tendency to form hypertrophic scars or any other healing disorder
- If you have herpes viral infection as injection procedures can lead to reactivation of latent or subclinical herpes viral infections
- If you are using substances that affect platelet function, such as aspirin and nonsteroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs. As with any injection procedure, using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
- If a laser treatment, chemical peel or any other procedure based on active dermal response is performed before or after the treatment. There is a possible risk of eliciting an inflammatory reaction at the implant site.
- Rare but serious adverse events associated with the intravascular injection of soft tissue fillers in the face have been reported and include temporary or permanent vision impairment, blindness, cerebral ischemia or cerebral hemorrhage, leading to stroke, skin necrosis, and damage to underlying facial structures.
- Injection related adverse events such as bruising, erythema, itching, swelling, pain and tenderness may occur. These side effects generally resolve spontaneously within one week after injection. Other potential side effects can occur with dermal filler injections. You should discuss the potential treatment risks with your healthcare professional.
- After the treatment, exposure of the treated area to heat (sunbathing, sauna, steam baths, etc.) or extreme cold should be avoided until any signs of local inflammation have disappeared.
- This product has not been tested in pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Not for use in children.
Discuss all potential risks with your healthcare practitioner prior to treatment. This is only a partial list of safety information. For complete product and safety information, please see the Restylane website by product at: www.restylane.ca/important-safety-considerations.aspx
Book Your Free Consultation
A physician consult is required to determine if this procedure is right for you. A full listing of possible side effects and a price quote will be provided at your complimentary consultation.